Sunday, July 29, 2012

3.  I want to be a person who exercises regularly.

Before I get to my newest topic, I want to talk about the cleanse.

I have been committed to it and, surprisingly, I really like it.  The food actually tastes good and I am not starving.  Today I even woke up without an alarm and if you know me, that hardly ever happens!  I feel good and I look good.  My skin is even more radiant than before.

Last night I made carrot-ginger soup.  Very simple recipe

3 cups chopped carrots
1/2 inch peeled and grated ginger
1 medium onion chopped
4 cups water
2 cups chicken broth

Bring all ingredients to a boil and then simmer for 15 mins or until carrots are soft.  Then put into blender.  Add salt and paper as needed.

I only made this one because it was simple.  Let me tell you, it tasted very good!  I am going to add this one to my recipe book when I am done with this cleanse.

I really have traded in my excuses for will power, but I know that I am still weak.  Give me the grace to see this through sweet Jesus.

Now on to exercising regularly...

I think that this could mean different things to different people.  This is what I define this to mean.  I was blessed to be committed to doing a program called "Insanity" with a dear friend 2 years ago and I liked it.  I saw great results and I liked the challenge.  I am blessed to have a co-worker who is committed to doing this with me starting tomorrow morning.  This will be my exercise for the time being.

The plan is to do month 1 and then reevaluate to see if we should do month 1 a second time before embarking on month 2.  Personally, I like stretching it out to 90 days.  I feel like I have conquered month 1, and it still pushes me, and then I am more ready for month 2 (even though previously we stopped doing insanity before month 2).

So I will be doing this 5-6 times a week.  The program calls for 6 days a week.  I think I can do it but I will not get frustrated and quit if I cannot.  The perfectionist in me needs this buffer.  I will also choose to ride my bike and walk around Gaming more.  Two things have to happen in order for that to happen,  less rain and no more flat tires on my bike.

I ask for your prayers.  My knee is doing well and while I have been strengthening my heel, I am a bit worried about the level of pain and I do not want to injure myself but I know I need to strengthen my legs.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!


No comments:

Post a Comment